Location: Wisconsin (north central Midwest USA)
Languages: English, some ASL
Describe yourself in five sentences or less:
- I like long sentences, puns, and comics
- The years on SSDI disability now outnumber those in the paid workforce.
- I’ve gotten the equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Disability Studies on the autodidact-home-school plan. My thesis was making WisCon more accessible to members in all our wonderful variety.
Top 5 Fandoms:
- Assistive technology
- Disability rights
- System design
- Sherlock Holmes
I mostly post about:
- real life
- nifty technology/systems
- link salads with extensive quotes
- media reviews
- silly sillinesses
- moaning about myself (under filter)
I rarely post and actively avoid reading about current politics (my sanity is on the line)
My last three posts were about:
- A poll on the purpose of yard orbs (aka gazing globes)
- Photos of the shaggy underbellies of domestic animals
- Reviews of five comics
How often do you post?
Weekly at best, but I’m in a spurt
How about commenting?
Every other day at least.
A GIF to describe how your day has been today so far: ( instructional video for ASL sign 'hopeful' )